I have not tried this recipe I got this recipe from Obesity Help. This recipe was posted by cowboyonfire.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 small onion, minced into tiny bits
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 cup mushroom, diced
- 1/4 lb sausage (like jimmy dean patty style sausage)
- 3/4 cup monterey jack cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup colby or 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 slices Canadian bacon
- 4 basil leaves
- 8 medium eggs
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1Brown the sausage- set aside.
- 2To a medium bowl, add all of the spices, eggs and cream.
- 3Beat the eggs until incorporated with the spices until light in texture.
- 4Saute the onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and butter until soft, yet still firm.
- 5In a casserole dish, butter the sides and add the sausage, Canadian bacon, and the vegetables and mix together.
- 6Pour in the eggs, making sure to stir gently with a spoon.
- 7Tear the basil leaves into small bits sprinkle and stir once more gently.
- 8Drop the Monterey jack cubes into the mixture as evenly as possible, then coat the entire pan evenly with the colby or cheddar cheese.
- 9Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- 10The cheese should be a little brown and the eggs should be firm and delicious!
- 11If the cheese isn’t brown, then put it under the broiler for a few minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Good Morning Sunshine" Baked Omelette
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.1
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 235.0 mg
- Sodium 615.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 16.6 g