Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have not tried this recipe I got this recipe from Obesity Help. This recipe was posted by cowboyonfire.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 small onion, minced into tiny bits
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 cup mushroom, diced
- 1⁄4 lb sausage (like jimmy dean patty style sausage)
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup colby or 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 slices Canadian bacon
- 4 basil leaves
- 8 medium eggs
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage (unless you can get a small amount of fresh sage)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- salt and pepper
- Brown the sausage- set aside.
- To a medium bowl, add all of the spices, eggs and cream.
- Beat the eggs until incorporated with the spices until light in texture.
- Saute the onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and butter until soft, yet still firm.
- In a casserole dish, butter the sides and add the sausage, Canadian bacon, and the vegetables and mix together.
- Pour in the eggs, making sure to stir gently with a spoon.
- Tear the basil leaves into small bits sprinkle and stir once more gently.
- Drop the Monterey jack cubes into the mixture as evenly as possible, then coat the entire pan evenly with the colby or cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- The cheese should be a little brown and the eggs should be firm and delicious!
- If the cheese isn’t brown, then put it under the broiler for a few minutes.