Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is just the thing for when you get a chocolate craving but don't want to go for anything too unhealthy. Creamy smooth, deep chocolate flavor with a hint of berry. Very easy to make, and pretty much guilt-free! I used only about 10 dates and added stevia to taste so there would be less sugars.
- 2 cups walnuts, raw if possible
- 1 cup dates, less if you add sweeteners
- 1 cup frozen raspberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- crushed walnuts or coconut, to roll truffles in
- Blend all, except crushed walnut or coconut, in a food processor, scraping sides occasionally till the mixture is smooth.
- Shape into small balls and roll in walnut or coconut.
- Store in refrigerator.
These were a good healthyish treat. I will definitely make them again. thanks for the recipe.
Yummy! Excellent addition to my Christmas goodies list as my husband can't eat wheat or dairy.
Definite 2 thumbs up, even with my girlfriends who are chocoholics and don't have dietary restrictions. I added some maple syrup to sweeten them a bit.
Whoa!! These were outrageously creamy good! Super easy and shockingly wonderful. Because of a chocolate allergy I substituted carob, added some cinnamon and a tiny amount of stevia to sweeten a bit (maybe 1/8 tsp-probably didn't even need it). DH and I are trying out the RAW diet and these were perfect. We'll be taking these to the family reunion, they are sure to be a hit! Thank-you for a wonderful treat.