Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this in Express Lane Meals by Rachael Ray. Try it if you like fennel; you'll like it!
Make and share this Good Fennels Pasta (Rachael Ray) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb bucatini pasta or 1 lb other long-cut pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 4 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, quartered, cored, and very thinly sliced
- 2 cubanelle peppers, seeded and very thinly sliced
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine or 1 cup stock
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil, 20 leaves, shredded
- Put a large pot of water on the stove to boil for pasta. Salt water, add pasta, cook according to package directions.
- While the water heats up, work on the sauce. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan.
- Add sausage and break it up into tiny bits. Brown all over, then transfer it to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- In the same pan, add the other 2 tablespoons of oil, the garlic, onions, fennel, and cubanelle peppers. Season veggies with salt and pepper.
- Cook, flipping veggies often, 7 to 8 minutes, or until tender, but do not let the fennel and onions brown; reduce heat if they begin to do so.
- Add wine or stock and reduce for 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and transfer sausage into pan. Reduce heat to simmer; cook while waiting for pasta to finish.
- Drain pasta and add it to the sauce. Sprinkle cheese over the pasta, then toss to combine everything. Top finished pasta with shredded basil and serve with extra cheese and bread to mop the plates.