Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great recipe from the Food Network show Good Eats.
Make and share this Good Eats Waffles (Alton Brown) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 ounces melted unsalted butter
- 2 cups buttermilk (room temperature)
- Whisk dry ingredients.
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs and butter. Then add in buttermilk.
- Plug in waffle iron.
- Pour in wet ingredients and stir with a spatula. Do not overstir, the batter should be lumpy and have bubbles.
- Let the batter sit for five minutes.
- Spray waffle iron with Pam spray.
- Pour in batter and cook.
A very good basic waffle! Thanks Alton Brown (one of my favorite celebrity cooks!) I love that they are 1/2 whole wheat already, as changing to 1/2 whole wheat is usually my first change in any waffle/pancake recipe!
Good Eats is one of my favorite shows, so I was pretty excited when I saw this recipe. I made these last night for dinner, and we both thought they were pretty good. I cut the recipe in half, thinking it would still make several waffles, but boy was I wrong! We just got a belgian waffle maker for Christmas, so I was using that, and only got three waffles! They were very large and filling, though, so one a piece was plenty. In the future, I will probably try putting things like vanilla or cinnamon (or both!) in, just for some more flavor. Thanks for posting!
Really great waffles! What more is there to say? Thanks for posting.