Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Yummy Organic Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread with double scoop of walnuts and dried currants with NO white sugar or white flour! --TASTES FANTASTIC--
- 2 cups unrefined sugar cane (with molasses still in)
- 1 cup organic sugar cane
- 1 cup organic butter
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) canorganic pumpkin
- 3 1⁄2 cups organic whole wheat flour (freshly ground if possible!)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (aluminum free)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups organic walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups organic dried currants (or raisins)
- Grease Bundt cake pan.
- Oven set to 350 degrees F.
- Beat softened butter with sugar until fluffy.
- Add Eggs, beat until fluffy.
- Beat in the Pumpkin until well mixed.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add to Pumpkin mix and beat until mixed.
- Add water and beat until mixed.
- Stir in walnuts and currants throughout mix.
- Pour 1/2 mix into prepared Bundt pan (about 1/2 full).
- Bake 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
- Check bread and leave in for 5- 8 minutes if needed.
- Cool bread for a few minutes on cooling rack.
- Put a large plate over pan.
- Invert bread onto plate - let cool.
- Repeat with leftover dough.
- Recipe makes 2 Bundt Loaves.
As with many other recipe I make during PAC, I was gonna cut this in half, but then decided to make the extra loaf & gift it to a friend who's always helping me track down unusual ingredients! That said, I was extremely pleased with the taste of this bread, what with the whole wheat flour, the unrefined sugar AND the currents (thought about substituting raisins here, then didn't)! Absolutely loved this nutty, whole grain pumpkin bread, & will be keeping the recipe around for future use! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current round of Pick A Chef]