Recipe by Your Gourmet Girlfriend
A nice side dish. Wonderful flavors of fresh herbs and breadcrumbs.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Loved, loved, loved this! Had 2 giant sized golden zucchini from the farmer's mkt. Had absolutely nothing left over! A nice, clean tasting way to prepare. Will have this again and again this summer. Thnx for posting, AprincessMOM.
- 3 medium zucchini, halved
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh herbs (parsley, basil, cilantro or whatever you love)
- 2 -3 tablespoons Italian breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut ends of zucchini and cut in half lengthwise.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 T oil in skillet medium hot.
- Place zucchini cut-side down and cook until golden and tender, about 6 minutes.
- While zucchini cooks, mix remaining ingredients in bowl.
- When zucchini is done, cut into 1/2 pieces and toss with breadcrumb mixture.