Roasted Golden Zucchini With Breadcrumbs
This is a wonderful way to cook your fresh zucchini, but you could throw in other veggies as well, such as eggplant, asparagus, tomatoes, etc. - with garlic, herbs, and breadcrumbs. Be careful not to add any other herbs or more than what is called for, so that the zucchini taste is not overwhelmed.
- Ready In:
- 1 pepper, red, stemmed, seeded, quartered
- 4 zucchini, cut lengthwise into thin slices (can be yellow or green)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (Extra-virgin)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided (extra virgin)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oregano, fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, fresh, chopped
- Preheat oven to broil. Arrange vegetables on baking sheet. Brush with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put in oven, until softened and slightly browned, moving occasionally for even cooking, about 5-10 minutes. Keep an eye on it as it cooks very fast! Removed from oven and cover with foil while preparing the rest of the dish.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, onion and crushed red pepper; stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add breadcrumbs; stir until golden, about 3 minutes. Throw in rosemary. Season breadcrumb to taste with salt; scrape into bowl.
- Place vinegar in another small bowl; whisk in 3 tablespoons oil. Mix in parsley and oregano. Season to taste with salt.
- Arrange vegetables on platter. Spoon herb dressing over; sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Bake in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or until breadcrumb topping is slightly crispy.