3 hrs 25 mins
I love Kings Hawaiian Sweet bread, so I went on a quest to find the perfect copy cat recipe. After doing some experimenting with different recipes, I came up with this one. This has a beautiful brown, soft crust and the light golden crumb is so moist and tender it melts in the mouth. As for the taste, well...I'll let you be the judge.
My Private Note
large r ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or 1 cup graham flour
- 2 cups bread flour
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg (well beaten)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup instant potato flakes
- 3 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3 teaspoons wheat gluten
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seeds
- 1Make sure all liquid ingredients are room temperature, including the egg.
- 2Place ingredients in ABM as per manufacturers recommendations,.
- 3Select the Dough Cycle.
- 4Keep an eye on the dough half way into the first knead and adjust by adding either more flour or milk, 1 Tablespoon at a time as needed. (I usually have to add up to 2 Tablespoons of flour).
- 5When cycle is complete, press dough into a well greased 9" pie pan.
- 6Turn the dough over, greased side up and lightly press again to fill the circumference of the pan.
- 7Cover with a dry lint-free cloth.
- 8Let rise 1 to 1 1/2 hours in a warm, draft-free area. ( I put it in my convection oven on slow cook, 100 degrees and cover with a damp cloth).
- 9Preheat regular oven to 350 degrees.
- 10Bake the dough 25 to 30 minutes.
- 11(If baking in a convection oven reduce the temperature to 325 and bake the dough 30 to 35 minutes).
- 12Immediately turn out upside down onto a rack.
- 13Let cool completely before slicing.
- 14NOTE : When I measure my flour I do not spoon it into the measuring cup. I dip it out of the bag with the measuring cup and then level it off with a table knife. If you opt to use a spoon to fill the cup, the flour-liquid ratio may vary from what is listed in this recipe.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Wheat Hawaiian Bread Machine Bread
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.8
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 42.7 mg
- Sodium 277.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: