My aunt made this at dinner the other night. She got it from Chatelaine magazine. I liked it so much I searched Chatelaine's website for the recipe and I am placing it here for safe keeping. Note: The recipe calls for store bought hummus as an ingredient but you could surely use your own home made hummus instead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pierce potato with a fork, then place in microwave on a piece of paper towel.
- 2Microwave on high until very soft, 4 to 6 minutes.
- 3When cool enough to handle, cut in half.
- 4Using a spoon, scrape flesh into a bowl.
- 5Mash with a fork until smooth.
- 6Stir in hummus, garlic and cumin.
- 7Taste and add salt and pepper, if needed.
- 8Spoon into a serving bowl and sprinkle with onion.
- 9Dip will keep well, covered and refrigerated, up to 2 days.
- 10Sprinkle with onion just before serving.
- 11Excellent with celery sticks, toasted pita triangles or bread sticks.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Sweet Potato Hummus
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.5
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 164.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.8 g