Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My aunt made this at dinner the other night. She got it from Chatelaine magazine. I liked it so much I searched Chatelaine's website for the recipe and I am placing it here for safe keeping. Note: The recipe calls for store bought hummus as an ingredient but you could surely use your own home made hummus instead.
- Pierce potato with a fork, then place in microwave on a piece of paper towel.
- Microwave on high until very soft, 4 to 6 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, cut in half.
- Using a spoon, scrape flesh into a bowl.
- Mash with a fork until smooth.
- Stir in hummus, garlic and cumin.
- Taste and add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and sprinkle with onion.
- Dip will keep well, covered and refrigerated, up to 2 days.
- Sprinkle with onion just before serving.
- Excellent with celery sticks, toasted pita triangles or bread sticks.