Recipe by Sharon123
Simple and oh so good, with a little spicy heat from the red chiles! Adapted from Deborah Madison's Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone.
Top Review by Noo
The humble potato is so versatile, and can be flavoured in so many ways, that we often overlook the obvious.
This recipe is a great reminder that you really don't have to do much to produce great results.
I served with chipotle mayo and Sharon's own recipe# 202316#202316, which is delicious!
A fab Saturday night munchie snack, that DH and I both enjoyed so very much.
Thanks Sharon. Made for 123 Hits.
- 2 large russet potatoes, about 1 pound
- olive oil
Red Chile Mayonnaise
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground red chile (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Peel the potatoes with a paring knife and cut them lengthwise into sixths or smaller if potatoes are big.
- Toss them with just enought oil to coat and season with salt.
- Bake until they are tender and covered with a golden crust, about 1 hour, turning them a few times so that they color evenly.
- Serve with the mayonnaise.
- Chile Mayonnaise:.
- Stir the ground red chile with the mayonnaise. Remember, the heat will increase as it sits!
- Green Chile Mayonnaise:.
- Add several minced and seeded jalapenos, an unseeded serrano chile, or a large Anaheim chile, grilled, peeled, seeded, and finely minced.
- Chipotle Mayonnaise:.
- For a smoky hot mayonnaise, stir in a little pureed canned chipotle chile. Add chopped scallions, garlic, and cilantro, if desired, to taste.