Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A treat for raisin lovers! Prep time does not include cooling the crust. If you prefer a sweeter crust add in more brown sugar.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups golden raisins
- 1 cup soft unsweetened coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9-inch square baking dish.
- For the crust; in a bowl stir together the melted butter, white sugar, brown sugar until well blended.
- In a small bowl mix together flour, oats, cinnamon and pinch of salt, then add to the creamed mixture; mix until just blended.
- Lightly press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned; cool to room temperature.
- For the raisin topping; in a bowl beat the eggs with sugar and vanilla using an electric mixer until fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- In a small bowl mix together flour, baking powder and cinnamon; using a spatula fold into the egg/sugar mixture until blended.
- Stir in raisins and coconut; mix to combine.
- Spread over the cooled crust.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool before slicing.