Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious pound cake that taste as good as it looks.
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mace or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Grease 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, salt and mace in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in flour mixture alternately with evaporated milk.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan; sprinkle with nuts.
- BAKE for 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.