This is a classy dessert to serve company, family if they have been good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Combine the maple syrup, sugar, butter, vanilla and cinnamon in a medium saucepan.
- 3Over medium heat cook the syrup, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Peel the pears, cut in half lengthwise and core.
- 6Place in a 3 quart baking dish.
- 7Pour on the syrup, turning pears to coat.
- 8Bake in the pre heated oven for 20-25 minutes or until pears are just soft.
- 9Turn the pears a few times to coat and remove to a baking sheet.
- 10Add a little water to thin the syrup and set aside.
- 11Place one slice of cheese on each pear half.
- 12Combine the 1/4 cup coconut with the brown sugar and butter.
- 13Mix well.
- 14Sprinkle on top of pears and cheese.
- 15Broil until the cheese is melted and the topping is a nice golden brown.
- 16Place two halves on a dessert plate and drizzle syrup on top.
- 17Repeat with the remaining halves.
- 18Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Pears
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.8
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 39.2 mg
- Sodium 189.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 35.4 g
- Protein 4.7 g