Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I don't know where this recipe came from. It has always been around. Another one of my Mother's favorites.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 4 eggs
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, oil, water, eggs, gelatin and lemon extract.
- Beat at low speed untill moistened, then at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 12 cup tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then remove cake from pan and place on wire rack.
- For glaze, combine ingredients in a saucepan, bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes.
- Let cool at least 10 minutes.
- Place platter under wire rack. Using a toothpick, poke holes in top of cake, drizzle glaze over top and sides.
- Allow cake to cool completely before cutting.