1/1 Photo of Golden Eggnog Holiday Braid Recipe
2 hrs 25 mins
This is a lovely presentation bread that tastes every bit as good as it looks. It's popular throughout the holiday season isn't difficult to make. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons warm water (105 to 115 F)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, cut into 2 pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2-3/4 cup dairy eggnog, at room temperature
- vegetable oil
- dairy eggnog
- crushed sugar cubes or sliced almonds
- 1Combine water, sugar and yeast. Stir to dissolve yeast and let stand until bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- 2Fit processor with steel blade. Measure flour, butter, salt and nutmeg into work bowl. Process until mixed, about 15 seconds. Add yeast mixture; process until blended, about 10 seconds.
- 3Turn on processor and very slowly drizzle just enough eggnog through feed tube so dough forms a ball that cleans the sides of the bowl. Process until ball turns around bowl about 25 times. Turn off processor and let dough stand 1 to 2 minutes.
- 4Turn on processor and gradually drizzle in enough remaining eggnog to make dough soft, smooth and satiny but not sticky. Process until dough turns around bowl about 15 times.
- 5Let dough stand in work bowl 10 minutes. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and shape into ball. Place in lightly greased bowl, turning to grease all sides. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let stand in warm place (85°F) until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 6Punch down dough. Let stand 10 minutes. Divide into 3 equal parts. Shape each part into strand 20 inches long. Braid strands together; tuck ends under and pinch to seal. Place on greased cookie sheet. Brush with oil and let stand in warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 7Heat oven to 375°F Brush braid with eggnog and sprinkle with sugar or almonds. Bake until golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove braid from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
- 8Makes 1 loaf.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Eggnog Holiday Braid Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (536 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1576.3
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 135.9 mg
- Sodium 2607.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 277.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 36.8 g
- Protein 41.2 g