4-H Mom's Note:
Talk a good recipe. The other day a good friend came over and we made this for my Mother. The recipe came from one of her cookbooks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 lbs asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all purspose flour
- 14 1/2 ounces chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup roasted bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease rectangular baking dish.
- 3Cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
- 4Heat 5 cups water to boiling in 3 quart saucepan. Add asparagus, heat to boiling. Boil 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender, drain.
- 5Place asparagus in bowl. Toss with oil and lemon pepper seasoning salt.
- 6Melt butter in 2 quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in broth and milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- 7Stir in chicken, 1/4 cup of the bell peppers and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Cook about 2 minutes or until hot.
- 8Spread about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture in baking dish. Top with 3 noodles, 1 1/2 cup chicken mixture, half of the ssparagus and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers, starting with noodles. Top with remaining 3 noodles.
- 9Beat whipping cream in chilled small bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of lasagna. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup bell peppers and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 10Bake uncovered 40 minutes or until hot in center and top is golden brown.
- 11Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Crusted Chicken Asparagus Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.0
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 483.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 24.6 g