Recipe by 4-H Mom
Talk a good recipe. The other day a good friend came over and we made this for my Mother. The recipe came from one of her cookbooks.
- 9 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 lbs asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup all purspose flour
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup roasted bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream (heavy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease rectangular baking dish.
- Cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
- Heat 5 cups water to boiling in 3 quart saucepan. Add asparagus, heat to boiling. Boil 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender, drain.
- Place asparagus in bowl. Toss with oil and lemon pepper seasoning salt.
- Melt butter in 2 quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in broth and milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Stir in chicken, 1/4 cup of the bell peppers and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Cook about 2 minutes or until hot.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture in baking dish. Top with 3 noodles, 1 1/2 cup chicken mixture, half of the ssparagus and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers, starting with noodles. Top with remaining 3 noodles.
- Beat whipping cream in chilled small bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of lasagna. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup bell peppers and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered 40 minutes or until hot in center and top is golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.