1/3 Photos of Golden Corn Cakes
These lightly fried patties are bursting with the flavor of fresh corn.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- 2Measure the cornmeal into a med bowl. Stir in the boiling water, the mixture will be stiff. Add the milk, stirring until smooth. Next, stir in the corn kernels, egg and 3 t of the chives.
- 3Add flour mixture to the cornmeal, stirring until combined.
- 4Heat 2 T of the oil in large skillet over medium heat. Drop the batter by rounded T into the hot oil (you'll probably use about half of the batter) and cook the cakes for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Transfer the cakes to a serving platter and cover them to keep warm.
- 5Add the remaining T of the oil and repeat the process with the rest of the batter. While the cakes cook prepare the garnish by stirring the remaining t of the chives into the sour cream.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Corn Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.8
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 65.5 mg
- Sodium 487.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 7.3 g