- 2 1⁄2 quarts water
- 4 lbs whole chickens
- 3 stalks celery (sliced)
- 2 parsnips (peeled and sliced)
- 1 large sweet potato (peeled and cut into pieces)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- matzo ball mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil in a large soup pot.
- Add Chicken, onion, celery, carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and gently simmer, covered for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from pot and add in matzo balls.
- Boil for 30-40 minute.
- Return chicken to soup and reheat.