Golden Chicken Bouillon (Russian)
- Put chicken and giblets, except liver, into a pot with enough cold water to cover the meat.
- Heat slowly until water boils, skim, then cook very gently.
- Lightly brown the carrots, celery, and onions in butter, then add the leek, garlic, and parsley.
- Add the vegetable mixture, bay leaf, and peppercorns to the chicken in the pot.
- Let simmer until chicken is tender (1 1/2 hours or more).
- Season with salt 30 minutes before soup is done cooking.
- Strain through several layers of cheesecloth, skim off fat, and garnish with minced parsley if desired.