1/2 Photos of Godiva Devilishly Hot-Hot Chocolate With Cayenne Whipped Cream
- Carla -'s Note:
Ahhhhh, Thank Godiva! I sometimes like to add a dollop of Godiva Chocolate Liquer to each cup before pouring the hot chocolate, just to give it an extra little Umph.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (1 1/2 ounce) Godiva dark chocolate bars, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups whole milk
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cayenne Whipped Cream
- 1HOT CHOCOLATE:.
- 2Place chocolate and water in microwave-safe bowl and microwave on medium (50% power) 1 minute; Stir.
- 3Microwave an additional minute more or until chocolate softens, stir until smooth; let cool.
- 4Combine milk, cloves, cinnamon sticks & cayenne pepper in a saucepan.
- 5Warm milk mixture over medium heat until bubbles form around edge of pan.
- 6Whisk chocolate mixture into milk.
- 7Add sugar and bring to a boil.
- 8Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 9Strain mixture, reserving cinnamon sticks.
- 10Rinse cinnamon sticks, pat dry and set aside for garnish.
- 11Return mixture to saucepan and stir in cream.
- 12Over low heat, heat to simmer.
- 13Stir in vanilla extract.
- 14CAYENNE WHIPPED CREAM:.
- 15Combine all ingredients in bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- 16Pour hot chocolate into four mugs and serve immediately topped with Cayenne Whipped Cream and a cinnamon stick garnish.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Godiva Devilishly Hot-Hot Chocolate With Cayenne Whipped Cream
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 649.3
- Calories from Fat 375
- Total Fat 41.7 g
- Saturated Fat 25.2 g
- Cholesterol 101.9 mg
- Sodium 99.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 57.0 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: