Cauliflower cooked in Hydrabadi way.
Make and share this Gobhi Korma recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 kg cauliflower
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup curds
- 1 cardamom pod
- 2 cloves
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds (khus khus)
- 10 curry leaves
- coriander leaves, a handful
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- oil, as required
- Make a powder of the cloves, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cardamom, poppy seeds and keep aside.
- Clean and cut cauliflower into florets into small pieces.
- Grind the onion and tomato into a fine paste, mix it with the powders, ginger paste, garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric, salt, curd and cauliflower florets.
- In a deep pan heat oil, mustard seeds and add curry leaves, when the mustard had crackled add the cauliflower mixture and keep stirring.
- Reduce the heat and cover and cook.
- If required add 1/2 a cup of water, stir, cover and cook until the gravy thickens.
- Serve hot with parathas or roti.
I enjoyed this recipe. The only thing that I did differently was to eliminate the onion. Thanks for sharing!