Recipe by The Flying Chef
Chicken stuffed with herbed goats cheese wrapped in prosciutto and top with a creamy mushroom sauce.
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
- 300 g creamy soft fresh goat cheese
- 8 slices prosciutto ham
- 60 g butter
- 250 g button mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tablespoons white wine
- 3⁄4 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chicken stock
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- For the chicken.
- Pound chicken breasts with meat mallet to flatten slightly.
- Combine basil, onions and goats cheese, mix well. Place a couple of spoonfuls of mixture in the centre of the chicken, spread out so you have the mixture running the length of the chicken top to bottom. I say a couple of spoonfuls, but just divide mixture among chicken breasts adjusting for larger or smaller breasts. Each breast should have a generous amount of filling. Wrap fillet over the mixture and wrap 2 slices of prosciutto around each breast this helps to stop all the cheese from running out as it melts.
- Pre-Heat oven to 180c and bake for 50mins.
- For the mushroom sauce.
- Melt butter in pan add mushrooms and garlic, cook stirring until mushrooms are soft and slightly browned.
- Add wine, both mustard's and stock stir until combined.
- Add cream, simmer uncovered until sauce has thicken slightly. Stir in fresh chopped chives and serve immediatley.
- To serve place chicken breast on plate pour sauce over. I serve this dish with a green salad when the weather is warm. I don't do a traditional green salad I add some bacon, avocado, cucumber and top with grated Parmesan cheese and red onion serve with a creamy white balsamic dressing. When it is cooler I serve with hot veg.
- For a photo visit http://the-best-recipes.blogspot.com/.