Recipe by That Napa Chicken Ranch
OK- Fancy name for pickled carrots, but this version is fresh and soooo good they won't last long in your fridge at all! We grow our own carrots, garlic, italian seasonings and bay leaves here on the ranch and don't use any chemicals or other nasty stuff, only healthy food! Be sure to make these at least the day before so they have plenty of time to develop flavor.
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and cut into sticks about 3-4 inches long
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, cut into quarters
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a medium-sized pot of lightly-salted water to a boil.
- When the water boils, drop the carrots in and simmer for one minute. Strain the mixture into a colander and rinse under cold water. Drain thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining ingredients in the pot. Once it begins to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for two minutes.
- Remove the liquids from the heat, add the carrot sticks.
- Cool the carrots until room temperature, then put them into canning jars and secure the lids tightly.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.