April 2005 Bon Appetit, special menu section. This is from the Spring Menu edition. I made these for a Brunch that we had for our sister homes' administrative staff, they were gone in less than 15 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chilled butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 ounces log soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- european-style butter, room temperature (such as Plugra)
- 6 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 1 bunch fresh dill sprig
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F
- 2Line 2 heavy large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 3Whisk first 6 ingredients(starting with flour through the black pepper) in large bowl.
- 4Using fingertips, rub butter into dry ingredients until coarse meal forms.
- 5Add cheese and buttermilk; stir with fork just until dough comes together (bits of cheese will be visible in dough).
- 6Pat dough out on lightly floured surface into 3/4-inch-thick round.
- 7Using floured 2-inch-diameter cutter, cut out biscuits.
- 8Gather scraps and pat dough out; cut out additional biscuits.
- 9Arrange on prepared baking sheets and bake 6 minutes.
- 10Turn sheets; bake until golden brown, about 8 minutes longer.
- 11Cool biscuits on rack. (Biscuits can be made 6 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.).
- 12Split biscuits in half horizontally.
- 13Spread bottom halves with thin layer of butter.
- 14Divide salmon among biscuits.
- 15Top each with dill sprig and biscuit top.
- 16Serve with a side of sour cream or creme fraiche.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goat Cheese/ Black Pepper Biscuits & Smoked Salmon With Dill
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.3
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 14.7 mg
- Sodium 311.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh dill sprigs