Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my variation of the fabulous Creamy Parmesan Orzo recipe. I typically make 2 servings and eat both as my primary dinner..
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 4 slices sun-dried tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 1 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add orzo and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in water, Basil, Salt, Pepper and sun-dried tomatoes, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until liquid is absorbed, and orzo is done, about 15 minutes.
- While orzo is cooking, toast pine nuts in toaster oven, or lightly brown in saute pan.
- Remove orzo from heat, stir in cheese and pine nuts.