Recipe by Simply Chris
Very tasty appetizer to serve before an Italian meal. The spread can be made several days in advance and kept refrigerated until ready to use.
Top Review by Rita~
Excellent! I used my Oven-Dried Herbed Tomatoes #57884 & added 1 tablespoon of my Roasted Garlic & Pearl Onions With Herbs #54099. I used 4 ounces of feta and 4 ounces of ricotta. I grilled my bread.Thanks for a great recipe!
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 2 tablespoons oil, from the tomatoes (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- 1 loaf French baguette
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the baguette into 1/4 thick slices.
- Brush the slices lightly with the olive oil.
- Place on a baking sheet and toast in a 425 oven until browned.
- Cool completely.
- Combine the sundried tomatoes, oil and goat cheese in a food processor and puree until very smooth. There should not be any lumps.
- On each crostini place a small basil leaf, or half a larger leaf.
- Spread the goat cheese mixture on the crostini, covering half way up the basil leaf.
- Arrange on a platter and garnish platter with additional basil.