Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Who doesn't love dipping their gingernuts in their tea, and if you havn't tried it, it is scrumptious
- 90 g butter
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup golden syrup
- 1 1⁄3 cups plain flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- combine butter, sugar and golden syrup in pan.
- stir over heat until butter is melted.
- remove from heat.
- stir in sifted dry ingredients.
- stand until mixture feels warm to the touch.
- roll 2 level teaspoons of mixture into balls.
- place on greased oven trays, about 3cm apart.
- flatten slightly.
- bake in moderate oven about 12 minutes or until browned.
- loosen biscuits.
- cool on trays.
- (can be made a week ahead, store in an airtight container, can freeze).
Very easy to make and very hard to mess up. Excellent flavour, opted for this recipe over others for the additional spices (although ginger flavour is still dominant). Good crunchy texture.
The best recipe to date