Recipe by FLKeysJen
Fast and light! This recipe from Kristina Hoeksema goes well with rice and a fresh salad.
Top Review by Bitsymom
This is a delicious and easy recipe! I've made it several times now and it always gets raves.
The first time I made it my filets were too thick to roll so I just put some of the sauce/spinach/cheese mix in the bottom of the baking pan, then placed the fish on top and covered with a bit more of the sauce and spinach. That's been my method since then! I did not salt the fish as the feta is so salty. Great recipe! Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 2 lemons
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 1 (16 ounce) jarprepared pasta sauce (your favorite marinara sauce)
- 1 (6 ounce) packagecrumbled feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a glass baking dish, squeeze the juice of one lemon. Add the olive oil.
- Put the fillets in the dish and rub the lemon oil mixture on both sides; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Take large spoonfuls of the spinach, sauce and cheese (in that order) and place in the center of each fillet.
- Roll up each fillet and secure with a toothpick.
- Add remaining ingredients in between and on top of the fillets; and squeeze the second lemon on top.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.