Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is such a great yellow cake! I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com and thought I would share on here. Everyone that has tried this cake has said that they don't know the difference between the gluten free kind and the regular kind! Hope it will help those with those dessert cravings who can't have gluten/wheat!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and rice flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Mix the white rice flour, tapioca flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and xantham gum together and set aside.
- Mix the eggs, sugar and mayonnaise until fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture, milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Cakes are done when they spring back when lightly touched.
- Let cool completely and then frost with your favorite kind of frosting!
YUM! YUM! YUM! Thank you for posting this cake recipe. It made excellent cupcakes and opened the door to so many more ideas like cinnamon apple upside down cake! OOOO I can't wait!
This recipe is very tasty!!! I made cupcakes for my son's birthday party and served them to 8 other non-gluten-free kids and a number of adults. They were a hit with everyone!!!
This recipe was very easy to follow & turned out just great! I made them into little cupcakes and they were such a hit (especially with the people that DIDN'T have the gluten allergy!). I even had left over batter that I added into a loaf pan (I was without a cake pan at the time) and it had to cook about 40-45 minutes, but came out just as good as the cupcakes! Thanks