Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Light Fluffy waffles with a crisp outside
- 1 1⁄2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk (add 3 Tbsp water if using Almond, Flax, or Soy Milk)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Blend all ingredients in blender or whisk vigorously in bowl until thoroughly blended. Let batter sit for five minutes.
- While batter rests, preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions. (Adjust temperature setting after cooking first waffle.).
- Lightly oil hot waffle iron, if necessary. Pour 1/4 of batter (or manufacturer’s recommended amount) onto heated waffle iron. Close and bake until steaming stops and waffle is deeply browned, about 4-6 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.