Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Gluten free version of the ultimate comfort food!!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 (18 ounce) canprogresso cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen tater tots (just check the label to make sure they're GF! My dad has never had an issue with OreIda)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Brown the hamburger and drain.
- While the hamburger is cooking, combine the soup and the sour cream. (also add the mozzerella to the soup and sour cream mixure if you choose to use it).
- Combine the soup mixture with the cooked hamburger.
- Spread the beef mixture at the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 pan.
- Top with an even layer of tater tots, pressing the tater tots slightly into the beef mixture.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until tater tots are brown.
- Remove from oven, top with desired amount of shredded cheddar, and continue to bake until cheese is bubbling and tater tots are all heated through (about 10-15 minutes).
I would add some garlic and cayenne to spice it up a bit. Mixed vegetables are always good. I also like lots of tator tots so I line them on the bottom and neatly line them up the sides of the pan along with the top. Everyone loves this dish.
I made this the other night and thought it was a little bland. I used 2 lbs meat and when dinner was over, I threw out half the meat that was left. I'll try this again with 1.5 lbs of meat. The thing is, the next 2 days my DH ate it and raved. He said it was definately better the second (and third) day. So, he says it's a 5. I had a hard time finding gluten free soup (store didn't have Progresso) Another recipe said Healthy Valley (?) is a gluten free mushroom soup...I'll try this again.