This is the stuffing I used in my gluten free ravioli. It turned out excellent so I figured I would share. This much stuffing filled a double batch of pasta.
- 2⁄3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped leek
- 1⁄2 cup of sargento shredded mozzarella cheese with sun-dried tomatoes and basil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Saute leeks in butter until soft.
- Add ricotta and stir.
- Add Shredded cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Because you heat everything up together you dont need an egg to hold the mix.
- Put spoonfulls onto rolled out pasta. Fold over the pasta, then cut into desired shape. Seal by pinching with fingers or the ends of a fork.
- Freeze at this point if saving for later.
- Boil for 8-10 minutes from frozen. Toss in a little tomato sauce, top with some grated old cheeze and enjoy!
Great filling for pasta, canneloni or would also be wonderful added as a lasagne layer. Quick and simple. The blend of cheese noted in this recipe is not available where I live ....so I added some dried basil and chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Very tasty, quick and easy. I made ravioli using your Yummy Gluten Free Pasta! and made for a wonderful dinner. *Reviewed for PAC Spring '08* Photo also to be posted