Recipe by Chef# 616082
My lazy day, no inspiration dinner used to be Subway. Now that we're gluten free that's out and I found myself missing meatball subs. This dinner tasted exactly like a meatball sub except cheaper and just about as fast.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced small
- 1 large red pepper, diced small
- 3 stalk celery, diced small
- 59.14 ml italian seasoning (or spagetti seasoning)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (or a tablespoon)
- 793.78 g four cheese pasta sauce (or homemade)
- 24 small meatballs, cooked
- 4 gluten-free hamburger buns
- 453.59 g iceberg lettuce, salad bag
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan on medium. Add celery and onion and saute until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Add pepper and continue to saute five more minutes. Add the Italian seasoning and stir well. Open can of pasta sauce then add garlic to pan. When you can smell the garlic, about 1 minute, add the pasta sauce and meatballs, stir them in and cover. If you like them, diced zucchini and or chopped spinach would be good in this and should be added now. Cook until the meatballs are hot, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toast and butter buns and put on plate. Cover each bun with a quarter of the salad. Put six meatballs on top of each salad and divide sauce evenly over that.