Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are a delicious treat. They look nice and they are easy to make...especially on hot summer days when I don't have to turn the oven on!!!PLUS they are gluten free and nut free!! I had to skip dinner the first time I made these because I ate so many during the making process, they didn't even get a chance to harden.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 4 cups gluten-free crisp rice cereal (I used Gluten Free Rice Twice)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (You can use sweetened or unsweetened.)
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.Add marshmallows and milk.Heat until melted, stirring constantly.
- Stir in chocolate chips, and heat until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool until mixture thickens.
- Blend in rice cereal.
- WET HANDS and roll into 1-inch balls.
- Then roll ball in shredded coconut.
- Place balls on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and place in the fridge to harden.
- (I made half the batch that way and then for the second half I added the remaining shredded coconut into the mixture and skipped rolling the balls in the shredded coconut -- this way it looks like I made 2 different kinds of balls.
So good, but i found it too hard to roll. So i used two spoons and rolled it in the coconut that way.
YUMMMM!!! I omitted the milk, stirred in the coconut & just used a mini ice cream scoop to make little "haystack" type cookies. This is SO great because I can't usually have "haystack" cookies because I can't have nuts or gluten! Thanks for the recipe! :)
What a great no-bake recipe to satisfy my sweet tooth! GLuten-free to boot. I found the mixture a bit hard to handle(too gooey) when rolling into coconut, so i basically scooped them out with a wooden spoon instead of using my hands. I actually made way more than 30 balls, big too! The 2nd 1/2 of the batch i added 1/2 c. cocnut into the mixture and made dollops on wax paper more so than balls. They turned out great! Delicious recipe, will def. make again!