I have very fond memories of these as a little whipper snapper and remember them as the only good thing about my Uncle's cranky ex-wife :) Super easy and heaps tastier than rum balls (personal opinion)
- Ready In:
- 1 (250 g) packet plain sweet biscuits (I use Marie)
- 1 (375 ml) can condensed milk (You can make your own!)
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Crush the biscuits until they’re down to a fine crumble texture. Then mix the cocoa, coconut and crushed Marie biscuits together.
- Add the condensed milk and stir all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Using slightly wet hands, roll the mixture into balls.
- Roll in coconut before placing in fridge to harden.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These are tasty lil' buggers!!!! Since I'm in the U.S. though, and don't have access to the Marie's biscuits, I decided to use Nabisco Nilla wafers thinking that that would be a fairly good substitute. And it was! I had trouble converting it, but zaar members came to the rescue! I used 3 cups crushed wafers (about 3/4 of a 12 oz. box), a 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk, and the rest according to the recipe. The only thing I screwed up was that, I didn't have enough coconut. I had just a bit more than a cup, and didn't realize that you need 1 cup PLUS plenty extra for rolling. But no matter! I rolled a few in the last I had, then rolled the rest in chopped pecans! :) Wahlah! :) Next time I make these, and there WILL be a next time! ;) , I may sneak a lil Kahlua or Bailey's in there, too! And maybe a tad of vanilla extract to make up for the wafer that probably didn't have as much flavor as the original ingredient. Thanks so much!! :) Made for the ZWT5! :)Reply
see 9 more