1/5 Photos of Gluten Free Melt-In-Your-Mouth Shortbread
Nana Lee's Note:
Adapted from The Food Allergy Cookbook Found this for my friends who need gluten free dessert! I'm guessing at the servings because none was stated. This is an updated review by DreamoBway. She has an excellent other use for this dough --- UPDATE from DreamoBway: "I tried making these in mini muffin tins, hollowed out a little well, and filled them with pecan tassy filling. I also upped the cooking temp to 350 and they browned beautifully. It was a successful experiment! UPDATE(12/15/09) new use for cookies from ukichix -" I think this would work well as a GF crumb crust... bake 1 large cookie in a 8x8 pan, then "crumb" it up, add some cornflake crumbs and prepare a crumb base. I will try and repost the results! revision: pressed the entire recipe into a 9x13 pan and baked for 30 mins (until golden on the edges), let cool - and "crumbed". Used 1/2 of these crumbs and 1/2 cornflake crumbs, with some sugar and melted butter to prepare a GF like Graham Cracker Crust with was sweet and soft. Perfect for Crumb Crust desserts."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1NOTE #1 - See the variation on the dough by Chef #1178009.
- 2NOTE #2 - SEE NEW WAY TO BAKE THESE, FROM DreamoBway, LISTED IN MY DESCRIPTION ABOVE.
- 3NOTE #3 - SEE NEW USE FOR THIS COOKY LISTED IN MY DESCRIPTION ABOVE AS "UPDATE(12//15/09)".
- 4Sift cornstarch, sugar and rice flour together.
- 5Add butter.
- 6Mix with hands until soft dough forms. Refrigerate one hour.
- 7Shape dough into 1" balls.
- 8Place about 1-1/4 inches apart on greased cookie sheet; flatten with lightly floured fork.
- 9Bake at 300ºF(150ºC) for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 10VARIATIONS: Form balls as above. Roll in finely crushed corn flakes or crushed nuts. Press top of ball with thumb. Add a dab of jelly.
- 11Mix in 2 tbls. finely chopped citrus peel and/or 2 tbls. finely chopped nuts. Flatten with lightly floured fork.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Melt-In-Your-Mouth Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.8
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 50.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 0.4 g