Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found a recipe for polenta veggie lasagna in my vast store of recipes I've clipped out and decided to do my own thing. The polenta is home-made (in my grandma's day it was called corn meal mush) This is also gluten free! I made my own polenta for this, using Polenta
- 36 ounces polenta (2 loaves)
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups eggplants, thinly sliced
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- Brown ground beef; drain and set aside.
- Cook onion in drippings until translucent.
- Add eggplant and cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, slice polenta loaves lengthwise (you can also cut it into slices as you would a loaf of bread). Lay in a pan and layer with meat, vegetables, cottage cheese, cheese and sauce. Repeat with remaining polenta. Sprinkle with italian seasoning.
- Place in a oven preheated to 375.
- Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let set 10 minutes until sauces have set.
- Cut into pieces and serve hot.