Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posted for ZWT7 Central & South America. I have yet to try these myself but the original recipe from beyondthewheat.com has rave reviews.
- 295.73 ml gluten-free flour, blend (store bought or I think I will use white rice flour and tapioca starch in half the amount)
- 118.29 ml tapioca starch
- 78.07 ml sorghum flour (or brown rice flour, finely ground to be corn allergy free)
- 2 eggs
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil (or canola oil to be soy free)
- 7.39 ml xanthan gum (or other gum, 2 tsp if using a GF flour blend that does not contain xanthan gum already)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 177.44 ml warm water (plus or minus)
- Preheat griddle to 375°F.
- Mix dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Combine eggs, oil, water and whisk to blend.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix well until dough forms a ball. Dough should be soft and pliable but able to be rolled out w/out sticking to everything. (Too sticky? Add a bit more flour. Too dry? A bit more water.).
- Knead on floured surface until smooth. Divide into equal pieces and roll out in a circle very thinly.
- Place on hot griddle and cook 1-3 minutes on each. Will brown slightly and bubble up.
- Set aside on a towel and cover. (The steam from the hot bread will help make each one softer.) Repeat until all pieces are cooked.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then wrap around whatever you’d like!