1/1 Photo of Gluten-Free Bon Appetit Cocoa Fudge Brownies
I am obsessed with brownies and most gluten free brownie recipes just don't do it for me (or else require a lot of effort or expensive ingredients). I adapted this recipe from the Dec. 2012 Bon Appetit magazine's recipe. They are very rich - which will actually keep me from eating the whole pan! Be warned - due to the diversity of gluten-free flours, I don't recommend making substitutions. I have tried every combination and this one really works for brownies. If you are dairy-free and have to use a margarine such as Earth Balance, be sure to reduce the salt to 1/4 teaspoon or omit it entirely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Melt butter over low heat. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly (5 minutes).
- 3Stir in sugar, cocoa powder, and salt.
- 4Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- 5Add rice flour, tapioca flour, and corn starch one at a time, whisking well after each addition.
- 6Add walnuts or pecans if desired.
- 7Spread into greased 8x8" square baking pan.
- 8Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out with just a few sticky crumbs on it.
- 9*Although these brownies are great warm, I prefer them cooled down, chilled, and then cut into small squares. Seems like the flavors come out better that way.
- 10***These are rich enough that you really can cut them into 16 pieces, but let's be realistic - I cut 8.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Bon Appetit Cocoa Fudge Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.6
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.0 mg
- Sodium 166.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 31.6 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: