- 2 medium onions
- 1⁄4 cup fine-grain gluten-free cornflour
- 1⁄4 cup plain gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Cut onion cross-wise into 1/2-inch rings.
- Add spices to cornflour and mix well.
- One at a time, dip onion rings into milk, cornflour, egg substitute and bread crumbs, in that order. Make sure the onion is well coated in crumbs.
- Arrange rings in single layer on baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.