Recipe by mell_2
I have yet to try this recipe - saving here for future use.
Top Review by gmschmiedt75
These muffins turned out very well! I substituted brown rice syrup for the honey and increased the raisins to 1/2 cup. We are at 5300 ft elevation and they did not fall while baking even though I didn't add any extra flour. :)
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup organic brown rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon non-aluminum baking powder (Argo, Rumford, Watkins and Red Mill all make aluminum-free)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup organic raisins
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything in a large bowl until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and spray a large muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tin, filling each hole about 1/3 full.
- Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.