Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a yummy take on a classic, banana bread. A few alternatives added to this recipe are agave nectar and Greek yogurt along with gluten free flour. While most prefer the classic, this is satisfies that sweet craving for those who are keeping a close eye on their diet.
- 1. So that the top of the pan is center with oven, move rack to low position. Heat oven 325°F Grease bottoms of 2 8x4-inch or 1 9x5-inch loaf pans with shortening or cooking spray.
- 2. In a medium size mixing bowl, stir agave and oil until well mixed. Add eggs and stir until blended. Then add bananas, yogurt, vanilla and beat with spoon until smooth.
- 3. In a large size mixing bowl, mix gluten free flour, baking soda, and salt until blended. Stir in banana mixture until smooth and moist. Add nuts and raisins and divide batter between 8-inch pans or pour entire bowl into 9-inch pan.
- 4. Bake 8-inch loaves for 1 hour and 9-inch loaf for 1 hour 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- 5. Loosen sides of loaves or loaf with bread knife and remove from pan. Place top side up on wire rack for additional 30-45 minutes before slicing. To completely cool, let stand for 2 hours. Can be wrapped and stored at room temperature for 4 days or refrigerator for 10 days.