1 hr 30 mins
C-J from the UK's Note:
From Barbara Cousins "Cooking Without"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop dates into small pieces and place in a pan with the water.
- 2Bring to the boil and simmer over a low heat for approimately 10 minutes until the dates are soft.
- 3Cool the date mixture.
- 4Process or beat together the date mixture, oil, ground almonds, spice, eggs and flours until they are well blended.
- 5Stir in the dried fruit and mix well by hand.
- 6Place into a lined and greased 6"- 8" cake tin and bake at Gas Mark 3, 330 oF, 170 oC for approximately 30 minutes, then lower the temperature to Gas Mark 1, 290 oF, 145 oC for a further 45 minutes.
- 7Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes in the tin, then turn out onto a wire tray.
- 8Remove the lining paper and allow to cool.
- 9Store in the fridge and eat within 2 weeks, or freeze (in slices).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten and Sugar Free Christmas Cake
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.5
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 26.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: