Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Created this tonight, just to try something different. It turned out great! This was actually made for 7 people (1 cut up for 3 kids, 1 for each of 3 adults and 1 for hubby for lunch next day). Not sure of the size of bottle I used-it wasn't the small bottle, it was the next size up. For smaller amounts of steak, you will not need a whole bottle of A-1. As I just created it, I hope I can get accurate amounts. The important thing I did was add A-1 when steaks were almost done. It keeps the flavor of A-1 but works almost like a marinade.
- 5 pork steaks
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle A.1. Original Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- In a large fry pan (I use my electric fry pan), heat oil and add garlic and italian seasoning.
- Add pork steaks.
- Sprinkle pork steaks lightly with garlic salt.
- Brown first side, flip and lightly season second side with garlic salt.
- When steaks are about done, pour A-1 over steaks, cover and simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
- Flip, cover second side with A-1 and simmer until done, about 5 minutes.
- Repeat steps until all steaks are done.
not bad! I found I didn't have any A-1 sauce but I did have some Lea & Perrins steak sauce so I used that instead. I had 2 large steaks (cut in half for 4 total servings) but I still only used a couple ounces of steak sauce and it was more than enough. I had some onions I needed to use up, so I put those in the pot with the garlic and seasonings. The total combination smelled *really* strong in the kitchen, but the meat was juicy and delicious at the dining table! I served this with a broccoli and carrot medley and some leftover macaroni & cheese. It really made a pretty picture when plated. I think I'll make potatoes to go with the 2 leftover steak pieces so we can pour the extra sauce over the potato for some extra flavor. Yum!