Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was a good way for me to use up my frozen blueberries.
Make and share this Glazed Lemon-Blueberry Poppy Seed Bundt Cake recipe from Food.com.
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- To prepare cake, coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray; dust with breadcrumbs.
- Combine granulated sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt); stir with a whisk. Add blueberries to flour mixture; toss to coat. Combine 3/4 cup buttermilk, 1/3 cup juice, and extracts. Add flour mixture and buttermilk mixture alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan; cool on rack.
- To prepare glaze, place powdered sugar in a small bowl; add 1 tablespoon buttermilk and 1 tablespoon juice, stirring with a whisk until combined. Pour glaze over warm cake; cool completely.