Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Paul Deen. These are yummy!
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄8 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly grease an 8x8x2-inch pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the oil, honey, granulated sugar, and egg until well blended.
- Stir the cinnamon into the flour, then stir this into the egg mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand while you make the glaze.
- In a bowl, stir together the confectioners' sugar, mayonnaise, milk and vanilla.
- Pour the glaze over the cake and spread it with a metal spatula.
- Let cool, then cut into bars.
Simple, Easy, Flavorful, All of Ingredients on Hand, Not too sweet, Great with Coffee and Tea, and Dessert or Quick Breakfast!