1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Karen From Colorado's Note:
Years ago I found this recipe on a box of Uncle Ben's original rice. I can always get the man at the meat counter to cut these in half for me even when they are frozen. My daughter loves getting her own "little chicken"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 1/4 cup of jelly and cinnamon in a small sauce pan.
- 2Heat and stir until melted; set aside.
- 3Place hen halves, skin side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; sprinkle with salt.
- 4Roast in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- 5Brush with the jelly/cinnamon mixture.
- 6Roast for 20 to 30 minutes longer or until browned and tender.
- 7While hens are roasting, cook rice and contents according to the package directions.
- 8Stir in 2 tablespoons apple jelly, grapes and celery.
- 9Sprinkle cashews over rice and serve with the hens.
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Cornish Game Hens
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.4
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 168.3 mg
- Sodium 102.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 22.6 g
- Protein 30.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend