From Ball Blue Book of preserving. I hate to admit this but I had a case of 'canning fever', my boys ate our carrots from the garden when they were only an inch long and I just felt I 'had' to can something, So bought the carrots from the supermarket...whew it felt good to get that out of my system! Yield varies- 6 pints or 3 quarts
- Wash and peel carrots. Wash again. Cut carrots into 3 inch pieces. Slice thicker ends in half lengthwise.
- Combine brown sugar, water and orange juice in a saucepot. Cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Keep syrup hot.
- Pack carrots tightly into hot jars, leaving 1-inch headspace.
- Ladle hot syrup over carrots, leaving 1-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Adjust two-piece caps.
- Process pints and quarts 30 minutes at 10 pounds pressure in a steam-pressure canner.