Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the Michigan Blueberry Growers Assn. Crescent roll dough would work too
- 1 (10 ounce) canrefrigerated pizza dough
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Preheat oven to 375°F Coat 12 muffin cups with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, combine blueberry filling ingredients, stirring to dissolve cornstarch. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly (about 3 minutes).
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Unroll pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface; pat into a 12 x 9-inch rectangle.
- Spread blueberry filling over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border along the sides. Beginning with a long side, roll up jelly-roll fashion; pinch seam to seal (do not seal ends of roll).
- Cut roll into 12 (1-inch) slices. Place slices, cut sides up, in coated muffin cups.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove rolls from pan; cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes before adding glaze.
- For glaze: Combine powdered sugar, milk and grated orange peel, stirring until smooth. Drizzle icing over rolls.
These are most excellent! Very easy to make but looks like you spent forever in the kitchen. We have enjoyed them as described and also with apples instead of blueberries - quite yummy as well! Thank you so much for a great recipe!!
When I went to make this,I didn't realize I had no orange juice. So, I substituted lemon juice and lemon zest. It was wonderful! And,b/c I used lemon,I rolled them (messy) in powdered sugar!! This came together so easily!! Thank You!!