Recipe by Sharon123
A favorite quick and easy breakfast dish. The intoxicating smell of baking cinnamon rolls and roasting apples will have you standing around the oven drooling as you peek through the oven window. This recipe originally started from the Pampered Chef recipe “Apple Nut Ring”, but over the years was evolved into a wonderfully amazing breakfast oozing with sweet frosting, plump raisins, pecans, and roasted apples. These are phenomenal served warm with a large glass of milk. Adapted from Sweet Peas Kitchen and she barely adapted it from Pampered Chef. Enjoy!
Top Review by HokiesMom
What a nice change to standard refrigerated cinnamon rolls. It really takes it up a notch with the addition of the apples. I did sub the walnuts for almonds and omitted the raisins (we just don't care for raisins). The recipe easily halves too which is especially nice for those quick breakfasts for two! Thanks for sharing this keeper. Found and made for New Kids On the Block tag game.
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) packagesrefrigerated cinnamon rolls (5 count)
- 2 medium granny smith apples
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Separate cinnamon rolls and flatten slightly. Arrange cinnamon rolls in an overlapping circular pattern on a baking stone or sheet pan.
- Peel, core and slice apples into rings. Place apple rings on top of cinnamon rolls. Sprinkle raisins and nuts evenly around ring. Top with sprinkling of cinnamon.
- Bake 20-25 minute or until a nice golden brown. Drizzle icing from cinnamon roll package on top of ring.